The Chown Pella Lofts Building was oringinally built in 1910/1911 and coverted to lofts in 1996.
Architect: Ankrom Moisan Associated Architects Completed: 1996
5 stories 68 lofts 719 to 2,170 sf 6 commercial units Parking: Above grade
Chown Pella was the first Pearl District conversion of a historic warehouse into residential condominiums. Located in the 13th Avenue Historic District at 416 NW 13th Ave., the brick building is a landmark in the neighborhood and its location is considered to be the center of the Pearl. The original 1910 building on the south side is seven stories and the north building, which was added in 1911, is four with a 5th floor added in 1995. Chown Pella is on the National Historic Register. Originally, railroad tracks ran through the outdoor parking courtyard, brining freight to what was then the “Oregon Transfer Company.” The two original wooden water tanks are still intact, maintaining the original character of the structure.
Open loft spaces with exposed brick and heavy timbers were created from two former warehouse buildings. For more questions or to schedule a showing, please call Marissa Sainz at 512-736-6111 or email her at email@example.com